What should you do if you lost your turkish residence permit?

Residence permit. What should you do if you lost it?

If you have lost the document (card) of a residence permit, you should follow these steps:

Go to the nearest police station as soon as possible. This must be done as early as possible so that intruders cannot use your document. At the police station, you need to report the loss of a residence permit (ikamet). There they will prepare and give you a record of lost property (kayıp eşya tutanağı).

With the protocol on the loss of a residence permit, a passport, a photocopy of the passport and two photos for documents, you should go to the Migration Service (İl Göç İdaresi Müdürlüğü). You do not need to take an appointment in advance, just come with the above documents.

You will be given a temporary document with which you can leave the country without fines and without the need to obtain an entry visa. Please note: this document will only be valid if submitted with the receipt of the fee. Make sure that the receipt has been returned to you after we receive the temporary document.

Additional Information: Police stations operate twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The working hours of the migration service are from 09:00 a.m. to 18:00 p.m. From 12:30 to 13:30 there is a lunch break. On weekends (Saturday and Sunday) the Migration Service is closed.